In order to execute a killer event, you would want a good turn up and high conversion rates. Additionally, as an event marketer, you need to ensure that everything goes smoothly while focusing on your main task: promotion and network.
Planning a successful marketing event campaign can be stressful. But here are some tips to help you accomplish a successful event.
Before diving into the planning stages, ask yourself these questions:
1. How can I publicise the event to attract attendance and gain sales?
2. What are some event administrations I need to take note of to ensure smooth operations on the event day itself?
1. An attractive event page
An event page is a one-stop site where your target audience can get all the important details about the event. Questions about the Who, When, What, and How, should all be succinctly tackled in your event page.
Your page however, is only effective if it attracts consumers to register immediately. In order to ensure good turn up rates, create a compelling page by following these key points:
• An attention grabbing event description that sells into what your target audience needs and wants. Focus on what you can offer that is worth them taking their time to come down to your event.
• Brevity is everything!
• Pictures or a short description of Guest speakers, DJs or VIP guests making special appearances.
• Attractive feature picture/ video/ info graphics of your company’s past successful events.
2. Sending waves of invitation emails
According to Conlin Nederkoorn, founder and CEO of Customer.io: “If you are running a real business, email is still the most effective way to universally reach people who have expressed interest in your product or site. For that, it really can’t be beat.”
Email marketing is a great way to boost initial customer engagement. If you have a list of prospective customers, this would be the perfect channel for you to reach out to your active users. Once you have obtained the list, start sending out your invite. Emails that attract the most traffic generally have these elements:
• Multiple waves of emails. If a customer doesn’t RSVP by the first wave of email, send a follow up reminder to urge them again to sign up for your event.
• Encapsulate your aims in short, succinct phrases.
• A call to action hyperlink to your event page website to lead customers to register for your event.
• Powerful feature pictures to emphasize on the hype of your event.
3. Social Media promotion
Social media is one of the most powerful tools of the 21st century to direct traffic or attention to your event page. Make use of top social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter to get the word out.
Ensure the caption for the post is specifically and directed at meeting the needs of your target audience so as to entice them to click on the link. For example, take advantage of Facebook’s autoplay by focusing on video production for the promotion of your event. Similarly, create hype and buzz about your event with hash tags and influencer sharing.
4. Public Relations marketing
Another effective way to capture your local TV viewing audience is to send a news release to media and industry websites. This helps you gain media coverage and increase your company’s exposure. Big media outlets are always on the look out for good stories. Hence a good way to gain a reporter’s attention is with a good media release pitch, and this what your pitch should offer:
• Date, time and location of your launch
• Specific and succinct details of what your company has to offer
• The opportunity for exclusive media coverage before any other media companies
• Incentive for the media company like free product samples for their viewing audience.
5. Source for dependable vendors
The last thing you would want to do on the event day itself is to be scrambling about, searching for replacements for your balloons or food vendor. Avoid the scare of last minute cancellation by looking for the most reliable as well as budget friendly vendors that can deliver to your request.
6. Over invite
In terms of attendees, it is almost always impossible to control or guarantee how many people will turn up. As a rule of thumb, you should assume that 10-15% would not come, so when doing invites, you should over invite to ensure good attendance. For example, if your target number is 80, you can invite up to 100 guests.
7. Contact and remind key speakers and registrants to ensure attendance
Ensure maximum turn up rate and no hiccups. Send an email reminder or call your key speakers and registrants to remind them of your upcoming event which they RSVP-ed for. You can also send a reminder via Google calendar.
8. Hire energetic sales promoters
You main aim of event marketing is to ensure high conversion rates of customers to using your company’s product or service. And event marketing is especially useful for conversion because it interacts with consumers while they are in a willing, participatory position. By making a good sales pitch and build a favorable and lasting impression of your company’s brand, you can safely secure conversions, and most importantly, retention.
Follow these 8 key points and you’ll be sure to launch the perfect marketing event for your company!
ThunderQuote is the most comprehensive business services portal in Singapore, Australia and ASEAN , where hundreds of thousands of dollars of procurement contracts are sourced every month by major companies like Singapore Press Holdings, National Trade Union Congress and more.