IT setup can be a frustrating thing when moving offices or doing a revamp, especially for large firms with many systems already in place. IT setup firms help with IT infrastructure to reduce that hassle and provide solutions to all your set up needs. Some of these services include, server setup and configuration and setup of communication systems amongst other things. They can also help with laptop and internet access configuration.
Services and Specialisation
- Server Setup & Configuration
- Desktop and Laptop, Tablet Setup & Configuration
- Printers & Copiers Setup & Configuration
- Setup of Office Network & Internet Access
- Setup of Communications Systems – Telephones, Video Conference & AV Equipment
- Setup of Mobile Devices including Blackberry, iPhones & smart-phones etc
- Professional IT Consultation
- Technology Procurement – Assist/advise in purchasing equipment, software and services; evaluating and qualifying vendors.
- Backup Strategy and Business Continuity Planning
- IT Asset Management & Documentation
What makes a good IT setup company?
- Offers professional advice
- Has a dedicated project manager to handle all your setup requests
- Strong after sales support
- Has good IT documentation and standards
Main price factors
- Size of project
- Types of services required
- Complexity of setup process
Expected price range when hiring IT Setup services
Prices can range from $4000 to $20000 based on project and hardware requirements.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Know your project specifications before you approach the company. Only then can they know how to best serve you
- Work with a timeline and milestones so that work goes according to schedule
- Have a backup IT system in place just in case work is delayed so as to prevent impacting your business operations
Advice from other buyer(s)
- For IT setup, you have to know the full specifications. Both parties must agree what setup is needed and sign an agreement. The buyer needs to be specific and tell the provider what they need. For example, don’t just say “I want to set up wireless in my office”. Be specific – like how many laptops or PC, how many for cabling. Agree on the job scope before commencing to avoid miscommunication. A lot of buyers like to say “you propose”, which is wrong, as they set up according to your needs. (Den Teo, business owner).
If you need help hiring a company to help you with hiring a DJ for your next event, visit this link and we will be more than glad to help you in your search!
ThunderQuote is the most comprehensive business services portal in Singapore, Australia and ASEAN , where hundreds of thousands of dollars of procurement contracts are sourced every month by major companies like Singapore Press Holdings, National Trade Union Congress and more.