Enterprise systems are large scale application software catered to business to support business processes, information flows reporting as well as data analytics. An enterprise system allows companies to integrate business processes, such as sales, deliveries and accounts receivable, by sharing information across business functions and employee hierarchies, allowing for greater collaboration and real time updates.
Services and Specialisation
- CRM software
- Finance accounting and ERP software
- HRM software
- Supply Chain management software
- Business Process automation software
- Business Intelligence and Analysis software
Systems include Enterprise Resource Planning, Computer Aided Design, Security Management Systems, Document Management System and Communication Management Systems, all which integrate systems for different purposes.
What makes a good enterprise system vendor?
- Experience with your specific ERP type (ThunderQuote, SAP, ForceCloud etc.)
- Experience working with past clients with similar needs/characteristics
Main price factors
- Number of users/processes – the more users and processes that need to be integrated, the more training and work needs to be done.
- Functionality of system – Software with more functions will cost more to develop and implement.
- Customization level – Companies with specific requirements will require bespoke software to fit their needs, but this will cost more to develop.
Expected Price Range When Purchasing Enterprise Systems
Prices can range from $2000 – $4000 per concurrent user of the system but may differ greatly based on complexity of the system that needs to be developed and implemented.
Typically anything that spans a 30-100 man implementation would cost between $50,000 – $200,000.
A 150-500 man implementation would cost between $250,000 – $1,500,000
Consulting costs would also be separate from these price ranges.
Tips, tricks and challenges
1. The major problems in enterprise system customisation are time delays, followed by underestimating of complexity and scope creep. These can be overcome by building in buffer times and working with only experienced SI firms.
2. Try to figure out if you can fulfill your requirements with off-the-shelf solutions before getting a customised solution, as customised solutions are exponentially more expensive. Significant additional costs will accrue from the need for a consultant to conduct training, customise settings, customise functions, or integrate with existing systems.
3. The most important capability in an enterprise systems customisation project vendor is professional technical project management ability and systems, with tight control on project scopes and timelines.
If you need help renting out a co-working space , visit this link and we will be more than glad to help you in your search!
ThunderQuote is the most comprehensive business services portal in Singapore, Australia and ASEAN , where hundreds of thousands of dollars of procurement contracts are sourced every month by major companies like Singapore Press Holdings, National Trade Union Congress and more.