Content creation is probably one of the most important factor in marketing today and its importance continue to increase. Unlike social media content, content creation covers blog articles, website contents and not forgetting, traditional content as well.
With the ever-changing world in technology and internet, it is hard to say which type of marketing is going to be the next big thing, except for content creation. Let’s face it, everyone wants to be feed with information and that’s what contents do, hence why despite the change, it will continue to grow.
In order to help businesses maintain that, we have listed the 5 courses for content creation to keep you up to date.
This content Marketing Strategy Certification Course by Northwestern University is especially made for people working in the corporate sector, or running agencies, or those who need to strategise around content more than write it. This course run by coursera and is made up of four 3 week courses. Those who enrol will learn topics like audience engagement, content management, expanding your content’s reach and ensuring your contents impact.
To top it off, at the end of the course you will be given a project that will help you apply your skills to the real world challenges that are often faced today in the corporate world. Most of their lessons require 1-3 hours commitment weekly although you will probably need to spare about 5 hours on audience engagement, the first course.
It’s also best to remember this course runs at a certain time so you might have to check the next available time and spare your time for it.
Taught by University of Pennsylvania Professor and best-selling author, Jonah Berger, this is a free online marketing course that helps you unravel the mystery of why some ideas and products become popular and why others do not. This course is recommended for content managers, marketing experts and those of you who just want to learn to make good contents.
This 4 week-long course has 4 syllabuses:
- What Makes Ideas Sticky? Where you’ll explore the science behind why some things become popular while others fail. You’ll also discover the key principles, or six SUCCESS factors that make messages stick.
- How Social Influence Shapes Behaviour where you’ll examine how social influence shapes everything people do.
- The Power of Word of Mouth where you’ll learn the six key STEPS that drive people to share, and how by understanding those drivers, you can make more contagious content.
- Social Networks and how they shape the spread of information and influence.
As the name goes, the ‘Content is King : How to write for the Web’ course is a Best-Selling Content Writing Training that has been taken up by around 6000 students globally. Taught by Steve McDonald, it is a 2.5 hour class that goes deep into figuring where to find killer content ideas, developing those ideas and clearly understanding your audience.
This course usually costs around $100 however Udemy often conducts sales so you might want to watch out for them. Through this course you will learn:
- How to Write Content for a Kindle eBook
- How to Write Content for a Website
- How to Write Content for a Blog
- Quickly and Easily Brainstorm Tons of Great Writing Topics
- Use Powerful Keyword Research Tools to Discover Even More Topics
- Discover 3 Additional Ways to Find Writing Topics
- Create Content that is Valuable, Has a Strong Voice and Flows Smoothly
Created by Frankie Madden, this course will help everyone from journalists to technical writers to developers to aspiring bloggers to create content that really engages and converts online. It also will teach you the skills needed to accommodate the requirements of online readers through web design, writing style, structure and SEO.
Unlike writing on paper, writing for web is a different ballgame and requires a different set of skills. The topic on this course includes:
- How to structure a web page
- Considerations for search engines and accessibility
- Making your content scannable
- Using keywords, headings, lists and links
Most of the time when people insist in content creation they have one goal – to get better search rankings, and this course aims at delivering just that. This 4.5 hour long, 50 lecture series on How to Write Great Web Content – Better Search Rankings is the perfect match for people looking for a course on SEO writing or developing a career in Search Engine Optimisation industry and don’t worry, you don’t need to have any SEO knowledge before taking on this course, which is why it’s great.
What you will learn:
- The type of content that Google wants to ranks in the top 10.
- “Niche vocabulary”, why it is important for any content, and how to find the correct niche vocabulary for any content.
- Know where to go to get advice from Google on exactly what Google want, and what they don’t want.
- Come up with endless ideas for great web content.
Of course, if there’s always a price to be paid as you’ll using your precious time to pick up all this skills and also take time experimenting to get it to work. Alternatively, you could also look for experienced content creation experts to assist you, and we can help you get 5 free quotes here!
ThunderQuote is the most comprehensive business services portal in Singapore, Australia and ASEAN , where hundreds of thousands of dollars of procurement contracts are sourced every month by major companies like Singapore Press Holdings, National Trade Union Congress and more.