Social media marketing is one of the best ways to get your business out there and increase your reach. Seeing as social media websites are the top visited sites online, with an estimated 3.09 billion users by 2021, it makes sense for you to tap into this resource to grow your business.
With that being said, there are certain rules you should follow with your social media postings to maximize your reach, including the timing of your posts. There’s no point sharing great posts at 5am when there isn’t anyone to see it! CoSchedule conducted and compiled studies on the best times to post on the most popular social media platforms. Hence, here’s a handy guide to when you should post on your socials:
- 9am seems to be the best time to post on Facebook to get the most organic reach. This targets workers who are on their commute to work, as well as those just logging online for the day.
- According to research, Facebook Live videos get significantly improved engagement. But this also depends on the timing of your stream. Find more tips to boost your social media strategy here!
- The best days to post on Facebook are weekdays, specifically Thursdays and Fridays.
- Engagement on LinkedIn is boosted between 10am – 12pm.
- Other research suggests posting in staggered timings throughout the day, at 7am, noon, and 5pm. This caters to your audience working regular office hours.
- Weekdays are generally the best days to post on LinkedIn, but especially so on Tuesdays to Thursdays.
- Get the most engagement out of Twitter between 8am – 10am, noon, and 6pm – 9pm.
- Twitter users are active pretty much throughout the day, so it would be best to send tweets every few hours.
- Research says the best day to post on Twitter for maximum engagement is Thursday.
- The best times to post would be 12pm – 1pm, as well as 5pm – 6pm. This covers their lunch hours and commute time to go home after work.
- Fridays are the best day to post on Instagram.
- Weekends and late-night posts also work well on Instagram.
Remember, these numbers are not definitive and merely a guideline for you to follow to time your posts. Conducting your own research on the best times to post for your specific audience and industry is crucial to getting the most out of your social media pages.
We’ve also written a guide on easy steps you can take to boost your social media marketing.
Now get online and start posting!
ThunderQuote is the most comprehensive business services portal in Singapore, Australia and ASEAN , where hundreds of thousands of dollars of procurement contracts are sourced every month by major companies like Singapore Press Holdings, National Trade Union Congress and more.