You may need a plumber either for an installation, for a repair or both. Locally, only PUB-licensed plumbers are authorised, offering an array of services.
Services and Specialisation
- Sanitary and plumbing fixtures
- Plugging of pipe leakage
- Clearing choked pipes
- Replacement of toilet facilities (E.g. basin, floor traps, toilet bowls)
- Installation of water heaters
- New plumbing
Main price factors
- Complexity of services required
Price range depends on the type of work that you need. Prices can go from $100 for simple jobs to as high as $1000 for more complicated services.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- You should make sure that your plumber has the PUB license.
- Check if you can get a labor warranty for the plumber and make sure you know how many days it covers
- Know the scope of your project and get a full list of all services so that you get an accurate pricing.
Advice from buyer:
You have to know the scope of works for plumbing and know the design before you get any work done. If it’s an existing building, then there’s not much to be done. You need a licensed plumber as well. Sanitary areas require regulations. For different kinds of building, eg private, HDB, JTC, different requirements apply and each need approval before works. Look out for the plumber’s experience. -Chua Chong Teck, electrical project manager