IT integration is the process of bringing together several sub-systems into a single efficient system. IT integration is normally required after mergers & acquisitions.
Services and Specialisation
- Hardware Installation
- Software Installation
- Post integration support and training
Main price factor
- Number of systems to be integrated
- Complexity of system to be integrated
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Make sure that security challenges have been addressed before embarking on IT integration
- IT integration is usually long and complex; therefore, it can be good to break down the project into small steps to see how the project is evolving.
Advice from buyer:
Programming: Give timeline, should cut pay when he doesn’t meet timeline milestones. Takes things out of perspective. Watch out for technical purists. Programmers will tell you something that is optimizing speed/process. But if the skill needed to do that requires a higher level of complexity/longer time, it is still better to go back to the basics. To work well with a freelancer, give them a specific task. Be open to programmer’s opinions. Don’t need elegant solution for now. Bugtesting: In terms of finding bugs, there’s a technical way to do it, everytime do a specific section, print out a certain line, A log so if something goes wrong, you can look at the log to identify the error. (Sean Yap, Futureremedy labs, Product development and sales)