Marketing consulting services are services rendered by marketing experts in various fields such as digital marketing, offline marketing, guerilla marketing and many others. These consultants typically help companies achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- Increasing brand awareness
- Increasing sales
- Increasing brand perception of the company brand
- Marketing Strategy (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning & Campaigns)
- Brand Strategy (Brand Audit, Brand Pyramid & Brand Personality)
Services and Specialisation
- Marketing Automation Consulting
- Digital Marketing Consulting
- Copywriting Consulting
- Online Marketing Consulting
- Direct Response Marketing Consulting
What makes a good marketing consultant?
- Willingness to deep dive into your company’s strategy and to meet face-to-face with your customers
- Focus on objective primary customer data rather than theory
- Results-focused and willing to show results in quantifiable form.
Main price factors
- Expertise in an emerging digital field
- Proven past results & portfolio
- Systematic methodology
- Implementation vs. Strategy only
- Number of months in campaign
Prices vary, but typically run from $15,000-$120,000 for base retainer for a 3-12 month project, performance incentives not included.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- If you can pay them based on bands of performance (especially for digital marketing which can be easily tracked) in addition to their basic retainer, do so. It is not easy to tell in advance which marketing consultants are effective or not. .
- When deciding whether or not to use marketing consulting services, take into account the growth goals of your company and the costs of training and maintaining an in-house team. In-house teams are more suitable for companies that either need to generate a very large volume of campaigns or need to have an unusually high level of control.
Some advice from other buyers
- “Ask current tenants / neighbours what it’s like to work in that location. Is there good food around? How productive do they feel working there”