You might need a renovation for your office or for any kind of commercial location. Office renovation process: Identifying a need of modification, finding a renovation professional, preparing plans and design, constructing, inspecting. Some renovations might require a special permit
Services and Specialisation
- Office extensions
- Space alterations
- New unit renovations
- Carpentry works
- Electrical wiring services
What makes a good renovator?
- Has a good list of referrals that he is upfront about
- Is very upfront about how he works and his work team
- Has a tried and tested list of subcontractors / in house carpenters etc.
- Provides professional advice on your plans
Main price factors
- size of the area
- materials needed
- Complexity of job (weird shaped room, risky wall hacking, etc.)
Low cost range: $320 to $650 per sqm; medium cost range: $750 to $970 per sqm; high cost range: $1080 per sqm.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Make sure of what really needs to be renovated to avoid wasting money;
- materials of better quality are obviously more expensive but they will last longer. Check if you need a permit for your renovation.
- Make sure to check all their references and do site visits
- Always peg your payments to work completed to prevent runaway contractors abandoning their job
- Make sure every detail is in a written contract to prevent any disputes