Renovating your office space is always an exciting endeavour but it takes a lot of money and time to ensure that you get everything right. Most of the time, the office you currently own has some plumbing issues or even be outdated in general. To keep up with modern times as well as safety standards.
The normal office renovation process includes :
Identifying a need of modification, finding a renovation firm, preparing plans and design, constructing, inspecting. Some renovations might also require a special permit so do check if your vendor is capable of undertaking it beforehand!
Services and Specialisation
- Office extensions
- Space alterations
- New unit renovations
- Carpentry works
- Electrical wiring services
What makes a good renovation vendor?
- Has a good list of referrals that he is upfront about
- Is very upfront about how he works and his work team
- Has a tried and tested list of subcontractors / in house carpenters etc.
- Provides professional advice on your plans
Main price factors
- Size of the area
- Materials needed
- Complexity of job (irregularly shaped room, risky wall hacking, etc.)
Expected Price Range When Hiring A Renovation Company
Low cost range: $320 to $650 per sqm;
Medium cost range: $750 to $970 per sqm;
High cost range: $1080 per sqm.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Make sure of what really needs to be renovated to avoid wasting money;
- Materials of better quality are obviously more expensive but they will last longer. Check if you need a permit for your renovation.
- Make sure to check all their references and do site visits
- Always peg your payments to work completed to prevent runaway contractors abandoning their job
- Make sure every detail is in a written contract to prevent any disputes