Event organizers are responsible for the entire planning of a corporate event. You can choose an event package or have it tailored for your special needs. Event organizers are useful because they are your unique partner; without one, you would be the person running about coordinating with the multiple vendors required for a single event. Furthermore, event organizers have special relations with vendors and can get you access to better rates across the board
What makes a good event organizer?
- Meticulous – When dealing with so many different individuals and possibilities, and event organizer needs to be meticulous to avoid any problems and mishaps
- Good relations with multiple vendors
- Many positive reviews and successful events run
- Quick thinking – when something goes wrong, a good event organizer is able to mke quick decisions to maintain the integrity of the event
Main price factors
- The event organization’s price is influenced by the quality of the organizer. A good event organizer will be able to comply with all your demands but you will have to pay for them.
- The price will be higher if you need to tailor many things for the event: standard packages are usually cheaper.
- Size of event
- Location of the event
- Manpower required to serve the event
The price range of varies a lot according to the type of event you want, if you want a package or a tailor-made event and according to the reputation of the event organizers. Some event organizers can charge 15-20% of the total expense of the event as part of their fee; some other event organizers have an hourly rate (average around $75/hour). In some cases, event organizers would price both with a percentage of total expense and an hourly rate.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- The best event organizer for you would be one that already organized successful similar events as the one you are planning, especially if you are planning a very specific event.
- You should know right from the beginning how the event organizer calculates his/her fees. Some charge by the hour whilst others charge a project fee. This helps you to pan your event budget.