Having your own emcee or DJ can be more cost effective, but for certain events, having a true professional can make all the difference. They have skill-sets that can have them entertaining crowds for hours on end.
What makes a good emcee or DJ?
- They can read the crowd and change their setup to adapt to the current mood
- They have multiple contingency plans in case of technical or physical failure
- All of them in the field are confident, but a good emcee or DJ makes you feel welcome, not overbearing or brash, remember that when qualifying vendors.
- Received positive reviews from all of his past projects.
Main price factors
- Duration required
- Experience of emcee/DJ – More experienced or reputable professionals will command a similarly higher price tag
Expected Price Range When Hiring An Emcee or A DJ
Rates can go from $500 to more than $2000 for an event.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Talk to the emcees, ask them about random things that do not pertain to their line of work and see how they speak. They must be comfortable and confident
- Ask the DJs for samples of their work and see if it suits the mood of your events