Having proper IT support is crucial as downtime in businesses means lost productivity and cost. What IT support and maintenance companies do it to provide help for your staff as well as support for your core IT infrastructure devices. Services include real time IT support help-desks, software purchase advice and more advanced services like preventive monitoring and preventive maintenance – performance tuning, security audits, error analysis, application of critical updates, IT disaster recovery.
Services and Specialisation
- IT support help desk
- Preventive maintenance
- Preventive monitoring
- Software-related support
- Hardware-related support
What makes good IT support and maintenance
- Has clear policies and hotlines to be contactable for handling IT issues in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates strong expertise in the relevant IT field(s)
- Company has multiple positive reviews in client-handling
- Offers customized advice to buyers on their needs
Main cost factors
- Number of users
- Type of services required – basic help-desk services cost a lot less than preventive maintenance.
Expected price range when hiring IT support and maintenance
Ranges from $70 to $150 per user on average. Costs may decrease with greater number of users.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Get past referrals and find out how the company works and the quality of their IT support.
- Tech help-desks tend to have an issue with dealing with end users due to difference in skill levels. Have a go at interviewing some of their staff to see if their characteristics are suitable for you and your firm.