Painting services can bring about a fresh look to your new space or simply brighten up an old paint job. Professional painting companies typically offer free on site quotations and advice on paint colours. Some also offer after paint service of up to 6 months to a year. Types of paint jobs include wood varnishing, brick wall effects, spray texture coating, effect painting or simple wall/ceiling painting based on your needs.
Services and Specialisations
- Minor Changes and touch ups
- High-rise painting
- Exterior painting
- Interior painting
What makes a good painter?
- Is very clear on your needs and offers the right type of paint for the job
- Updates buyers on certain project milestones
- Offers professional advice based on clients’ needs
- Positive track record on past works
Main price factors
- Type of paint – Certain types of paint have special properties and will cost more, like mold guard, made for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Size of area to be painted
- Type of job – exterior painting requires more specialized equipment, especially on high rise buildings, and will cost more.
Expected price range when hiring painting services
Paint typically costs $30 – $60 per gallon and it typically takes 2 gallons to paint a room. Total costs can range from $2000 to $4000 based on type of paint and size of space.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Find out how the contractor aims to protect your property from the paint to minimize problems with clean-up after.
- Do check out the type of paint that you require and not simply go for the cheapest type as a paint-job that lasts is more cost-effective than multiple paint-jobs with cheaper paint that fades away quickly.
- Remember to plan for alternate locations for your business and how to manage disruptions especially if the project overruns.
Advice from other buyer(s)
- A good painter will be responsive and flexible. You should check their references with someone who has worked with them before. If they’re good, they will be sure to use masking tape and tarp to protect your office furniture and walls. Check if they have a certain number of years of experience. (Ng Tze Yao, ERA Real Estate Agent)