Advertising agencies, other than providing actual advertising services on billboards and traditional media, also provide several other services. These can include graphic design, online marketing, website development, social media marketing and SEO.
Agencies typically assign a project manager to work and analyse your needs. From there they come up with strategies to meet these needs and execute the plan from start to end
In this aspect, full-service ad agencies do almost everything in house and cover everything from design and planning to executions and data analysis for your campaign.
Services and Specialisation
- Brand Development & Strategy
- Brand Partnerships & Collaborations
- Experiential Marketing
- Event Production & Marketing
- Search Marketing
- Television Advertising
- Print Advertising
- Billboard Advertising
- Poster Advertising
- Radio Advertising
- Cinema Advertising
- Social Media Advertising
- Outdoor Advertising
What makes a good advertising agency?
- Treats you like their only client
- Offers multiple options and strategies
- Plans per your brand strategy
- Has multiple award winning adverts under their name
Main price factors
- Number of services required – the more you need out of the agency, the more itemized costs there will be
- People involved – having more experienced individuals in your team would naturally result in a higher hourly rate / project fee
- Positioning – advertising where there is higher traffic will always incur higher costs
- Frequency – More regular advertising means higher costs
Expected Price Range When Working With An Advertising Agency
Price varies greatly with the number of hours and total number of services required, but project costs generally range from $6,000 on the low end to more than $25,000 monthly.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Conduct an request for proposal (RFP) to qualify your vendors to find out if they suit your profile.
- Have your agency explain the importance of certain metrics (eg. More clicks and views without conversion is just a vanity metric).
- Advertising work is labour intensive. Find out how the company works and make sure that they are involved in your project and not just outsourcing work to interns and freelancers.