Interior Design is the process of changing the atmosphere of the interior space of the building, an annex to the shop, or home to give the visitors a certain emotional response.
An interior designer can do wonders to improve your current work-space. Redesigned spaces can bring about many benefits like optimized utilization of space, improved mood and better focus. Types include residential design, commercial design, accessible design and green design.
Services and Specialisation
- Commercial Interior Design
- Luxury Interior Design
- Interior Architecture
- Interior Design Project Management
What makes a good interior design vendor?
- Strongly understands functionality and not just aesthetics
- Detailed when coming to planning
- Portfolio and referrals all give positive reviews
- Referrals have no complaints on late work
Main price factors
- Size of space
- Project scale – the amount of work needed to be done towards your interior.
- Types of materials – some materials cost more than others and multiplied over actual requirements, can great vary costs
Expected price range when hiring an interior designer
The price is very heavily dependent on the project. Simple ones can go for a few thousand dollars while more complicated projects could easily be priced at more than a few hundred thousand.
Tips, tricks and challenges
- Always peg your payments to project milestones. Never pay before a certain set of works are completed.
- Don’t pay too much upfront. A good estimate is about 20% to 30% as down payment.
- Always ask to check their previous work to see if it is satisfactory. Simply ask for referrals or contacts of previous jobs.